Dear Valued Gibraltar Veterinary Hospital Client—
As of May 14, the CDC has lifted its mask mandate for vaccinated people. For businesses like ours, this creates many challenges as there is no clear roadmap on how to handle “getting back to normal.” What we can tell you is that the team at Gibraltar Veterinary Hospital is very excited to announce that our clinic will be open to clients June 1st 2021! We are thrilled to have face-to-face interaction with you again. Believe us when we say, we have missed you so much!
As we know with Covid, things are always changing, but as of today:
- For now, if you do enter the clinic, we will require you wear a mask. We must limit the number of clients in the exam room to 1 person.
- When you arrive at the clinic with your pet, please remain in your car and call the front desk for check in 734-675-5020.
- When picking up food and prescriptions please stay in your car and call the front desk to let us know you are here. The receptionist will take payment over the phone and let you know when your food or prescription is in the vestibule for pick up. Thanks to your loyalty, we are a busy clinic. This sometimes means we will not have staff available on arrival to immediately fill a script for you. Calling ahead will also save you time as it is more likely your products will be ready for you on arrival.
- If you prefer our curbside service, this will continue to remain an option. Please just communicate that to us when scheduling or ordering food or medications.
- We plan to revisit our mask policy on July 1 2021 or as new information becomes available.
We would like to proactively address the elephant in the room, which is our mask policy. There are several reasons we are keeping the mask requirement in place.
- It is what our team feels the safest with at this time. We have small, enclosed spaces in our exam rooms.
- We have no way of knowing who is vaccinated and who is not.
- Our small staff is highly trained to provide the best possible care for your pet. Our priority is to keep our staff safe so they can continue to care for our patients. Even one sick employee significantly impacts our ability to do that. We have decided it is best for us to continue to require masks at this time. We will monitor and adjust our policy accordingly.
You all have been wonderful throughout this pandemic. We respectfully ask you to be mindful that our staff is mentally and emotionally exhausted from the last year and we would prefer to spend our energy positively on how happy we are to be seeing each of you again, as opposed to debating this policy. As we receive more information in the weeks to come, we will make appropriate adjustments. Our goal is a return to normal. We just need time to do this safely and comfortably and want to thank you in advance for your cooperation. We will continue to send new information out to you as our policies change so that you can remain informed. Once again, thank you so much for your continued support and understanding. We can’t wait to see you!
With Gratitude, The Gibraltar Veterinary Team